Wednesday, July 28, 2004

What is coaching?

Coaching as I see it is simply helping a(n) individual(s) learn to better utilize their strentgths and potential. It would be great if "I" were able to speak and make your, or my, life better just by the utterance of some sounds or words but that is not how life works. In my life, as in yours, awareness is the first key to growth. First awareness. Life can be either great or horrible depending on my awareness of certain factors.

I'm reminded of the story of the little boy who was turned loose in a stall full of horse manure and was excited and happy. He grabbed a shovel and started singing and cleaning that stall. This action caused some interest to those with him and they inquired as to his actions and attitude. The boy replied, "I know there must be a horse in here somewhere!"

That boy was motivated! He was determined! He was dilligently working towards his goal. Coaching sometimes requires that we deal with the crap, but hopefully can help us to better recognize the possibilities before us. A coach could have helped that boy better utilize his talents by guiding him to look out in the corral for the horse. So if you'd like some help finding your hidden horse power feel free to add your comments here. You can sign up for my coaching program here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home